By Miss Buffi Jashanmal
Easy Vegan Chickpea Curry Salad
I cannot lie, I have a dirty little, sweet tooth. I try to be as good about it as I can by using all the best ingredients, natural sugars, organic wherever possible & try to keep the quantity down to a small daily little treat.
Luckily everything I need is right here at Zero Waste Bali.
So here it is; if you want to be bad, but kinda be good at the same time and you have a thing for something naughty, this is for you!
Easy Vegan Brownies
- food processor
- Parchment paper
- Baking dish
- 2 cups dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup almond or peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips or shaved cacao solid
- 1/2 cup walnut, crushed
- Preheat the oven to hot! Around 350 degrees F (176 C)
- Line a standard loaf pan (or similar size pan) with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor blend the dates with 1 tablespoon of water. Add more water if the dates are not blending into a nice soft mush. Once blended, scrape down sides as needed and add a little more water and blend.
- Add the nut butter, coconut oil and cacao powder into the food processor and blend until a sticky thick batter forms.
- FInally, add and pulse the chocolate chips and walnuts until mixed.
- Transfer the batter into a pan lined with parchment paper, spread evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the center of the oven. Only the edges will slightly dry, this is correct!
- Remove from the oven and leave for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan. Tip: The longer you can leave them to cool, the firmer they will become.